In this section we feature news articles about AfricaArray, the AfricaArray newsletters, reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, invited presentations, and contributed papers to technical meetings. Articles in the news featuring AfricaArray are listed below. Please use the links to the left to access the other publications.
AfricaArray brochure available
News Stories Featuring AfricaArray
- "AfricaArray International Geophysics Field School: Diversity and training come together in Africa" (The Leading Edge, October 2015, Volumn 14 No. 10)
- "'How-to' guide will boost seismic networks in Africa" (SciDev Net, April 15, 2011)
- "Geoscience Initiative Develops Sustainable Science in Africa" EOS, Vol. 19, 161-162.
- "AfricaArry: Developing a geosciences workforce for Africa's natural resource sector" (Article in the October 2008 issue of The Leading Edge)
- "Africa Array: Ray Durrheim describes a network of seismic stations and geoscientists across sub-Saharan Africa" (Article in Quest: Science for Africa magazine: Vol 4 Number 2)
- "Opportunities for Undergraduate Field Research in Africa" (Article in the Spring 2008 issue of North Carolina A&T's Sixteen Bridges)
- "UPLIFTING A CONTINENT - AfricaArray's mission to revive African geophysics and advance understanding of the planet's thermal forces" (Research Penn State feature story)
- AfricaArray working to develop a scientific workforce, research in Africa" (Penn State Live News article - August 15, 2006)
- Dirks, P., (2006) AfricaArray: Building a Scientific Workforce for Africa’s Natural Resources Sector, Traders African Business Journal, 25, 54-55.
- "Global Connections: National Science Foundation International Programmes and Activities" (Dr. Arden L. Bement, Jr. recognizes the AfricaArray programme at Global Conference of Environment, Science, Technology and Health Officers)
- "Developing a Scientific Workforce in Africa" (Article in October 2005 Issue of Geotimes)
- "IASPEI Resolutions" (Report of resolutions where IASPEI endorses support for AfricaArray)
- "AfricaArray: developing the continent's natural resources" published in the September 2005 issue of the Petroleum Economist.
- "African network set to boost Earth sciences" article by Rex Dalton published in Nature Volume 433, February 2005)